Julie has been appointed a Wellbeing Expert by Aromatherapy Associates and connects with their Deep Relax and Light Relax range. She will be spreading Laughter, happiness and wellbeing tips in spas, hotel and beauty centres around the world. See the You Tube trailer
I am passionate about spreading health and wellbeing and helping people to live the best life they can.
For Carers week I returned to One Community in Eastleigh for the 3rd year running and shared some laughter and happiess.
Macmillan Volunteers at Epsom Hospital had the time of their lives at my Stressless Living/Laughter Yoga session. Here’s what Teresa Howes, Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Manager had to say about it
“Many thanks for a BRILLIANT afternoon yesterday. All of our volunteers benefited from a session that enabled them to relax, laugh and enjoy being ‘silly’. I was definitely on a high for the rest of the day and evening and had a great night’s sleep. Please keep me informed about any playshops you organise as I know that many of my team would be really interested.”
Health Benefits of Laughter Yoga
See www.stresslessliving.org.uk Julie’s other website
Laughter Yoga has wonderful therapeutic and preventative health benefits. Scientists and medical doctors alike are amazed at what happens when we laugh.
When we laugh:
• Take in more oxygen helping to keep us healthy by nourishing the cells
• Increase circulation – giving us rosy cheeks and making us look younger!
• Gives the tummy an abdominal workout and helps digestion
• Boosts the immune system which fights disease by up top 40% (See article Laughter the best Medicine)
• Reduces high blood pressure. After a laughter yoga session the blood pressure
• comes down to a lower resting rate
• Stress hormones, adrenaline and cortisol are reduced so we feel more relaxed
• Happy hormones, endorphins are released removing the negative effects of stress
• Endorphins (meaning self made morphine) can act as a pain killer and laughter can be used as a pain management tool (See Norman Cousins story )
• Gives a sense of lightness and wellbeing
• Help with depression and anxiety by boosting the production of seratonin (a natural antidepressant)
Do you need any more reasons??!! Laughter is good for you physically, mentally and spiritually, it lifts you up and makes you feel connected to people.
Some Health Benefits of Laughter:
L aughter releases endorphins, giving us the feel good factor
A cts as aerobic exercise and is like “internal jogging”
U nleashes inhibitions, breaks down barriers
G reat team building toolencourages better communication
H elps boost our immune system which helps us resist disease
T ones muscles, improves respiration and circulation
E ncourages positive thinking and creativity
R elaxes the whole body by reducing stress and tension